Thank You


A year ago I was elected as the President of the SGA, I absolutely loved being called "My President" and even loved my students more, and to have been chosen by them was something I would hold in my heart for life.

Unfortunately, my tenure as Student Government Association President will be ending soon. I will not be rerunning for that position or any other position in the coming year. 

   
I must confess that this decision was very hard to reach and required a lot of thinking, especially with the messages calling for me to rerun. Honestly, various factors led me to my final decision, including a health condition I just discovered and have to start actively managing. 

The most important thing for me was that during this year of service,  I was able to accomplish the majority of the plans laid out in my manifesto. I have learnt, and I have grown as a person, as a leader, and as a follower.  

The students I served are the best and have cheered, criticized and guided us to make the best decisions for them and for our community.

Before writing this blog I was reviewing my manifesto, looking at the number of things I promised to achieve, and how many the team and I worked had to make them manifest.

Image may contain: 5 people, including Adebayo Samuel Ogunkoya, people smiling, people standing
With NANS GH
I'm filled with satisfaction. 

We were THE IMPACT- right from the day we got elected the school authorities and the students knew what we were coming to do and all that we stood for. I had the best team any person could ask for and I am thankful for the experiences with ABBA, BANNY, FAVOUR & SAMARA, It has been an honour to work together. S/O to the team for the days spent perfecting and planning events, activities and ensuring the student body is satisfied, for always being a step ahead.
  
The Team
                                                         

Shout out to NMH, Tobi, Ayo and our other committee members and affiliates for going the extra mile while we were held up on many occasions. The little things make a journey worthwhile. Also, our Supervisor Adelina was the biggest help on earth, thankful for her every day.

I strongly believe we have left our mark and set the stage for the establishment of better leadership, creativity, and innovation. I believe the new leaders will continuously breakthrough and take the bar two steps higher. I'm always a text or phone call away to assist in any way. 

My only regret is I hardly have pictures of my time as President, most of the time I am behind the camera, lost in the crowd or have my head too deep trying to figure how to get the work done. Actually, Jim has some of my pictures😃.

My joy is from the satisfaction that each and every project or/and activity turned out perfect. My Favourite project was initiating the First SGA Coin Drive with a goal of 750cedis, we exceeded that goal and made 2000cedis. Seeing the joy on the faces of the kids beat any other thing. I was also looking forward to The Annual Spring Student Conference, too much time and effort were put into that conference but COVID-19 happened. Being Chief Editor and Designer of the Sankofa magazine along with the amazing Banny and NMH compiling the content was another exciting journey.

My most challenging and stressful event was the Pool and House party.  Banny, Abba and Ody can testify. It as the most stressful thing I have ever encountered and anyone who knows me knows I and stress are 5&6.

The new academic year will be very different for me, I have several upcoming projects that would require my undivided attention and all the while still managing radio Webster till I can completely handover. This is also the beginning of my last two semesters before I graduate. The time I have left in Ghana with Webster will be spent juggling my other minor responsibilities and managing my body.

 Special Shoutout to Ody.

I loved my time planning, developing and executing. Once again, it was an honour to serve. The best is yet to come.


Thank You, 
Odumo Ebifa Favour 
SGA - The Impact 2019/2020

XOXOX😍




Comments

  1. Aww that was such a sweet read. We loved having you as our presido.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favour you never seize to suprise me..... you have proven again what a true leader you are and I know your efforts will never be forgotten in Webster University i wish you all the best 💘 stay safe ✌.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Thank You so Much for these kind words.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for everything Presi. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment